ORH thanks all who have donated to the efforts in Harvey, Irma, and Maria impact areas. The work continues and much more needs to be done. We are hearing of spiritual blessings as the work continues.
Pastor William Cover will be conducting a special “Praise the Lord” service in Houston in November for those who have been helped in Houston and the surrounding area. Operation Renewed Hope will be addressing this group. Please pray, there is still much to be done in this area. Thank God, ORH can be a part of this celebration. We need skilled workers. Contact ORH about a special work plan for this area.
Thank God for Pastor Wielander and Marathon Baptist Church working with the people in South Florida. ORH sent $7250.00 to the church to pay for 50 refrigerators and 50 stoves to be distributed to families in the Irma impact area. Pastor Wielander is faithfully giving the gospel.
Puerto Rico, Anguilla, Dominica
Jim Childress, a missionary friend of years in Panama, helped direct ORH food drops to Orlando Rivera in Dorado Beach, PR. Pastor Rivera and his church are a good, aggressively gospel-giving church in need. ORH hopes the supplies helped. If money is available, we will attempt another drop.
Through the hard work of Tim Langford and Mike Coupe, ORH has made another food drop to Norrell Gumbs on Anguilla. His church is distributing the food to many. Thank God for people like Ray Thompson and Dr. Johnny Daniels who care for Pastor Gumbs. Pray for Mike Coupe as he makes another drop today. This will make three drops to this brother and his church.
Tim Langford and Dave Spangler returned to the United States safely. Brother Langford loaned ORH his airplane and services unselfishly. As usual, Dave Spangler was a great blessing. ORH thanks God for both of these good men, especially that they are safely home.
Pastor Yadin Rodriguez sent the following report to ORH about the cooperative efforts of Iglesia Bautista Christiana and ORH. Thank God for this church and the lead pastor, Pedro da Cunha. Over the years, they have consistently helped ORH to service the Caribbean.
“Here is a basic report of what Operation Renewed Hope (Jan Milton) has been doing in Puerto Rico and some other islands. ORH sends money for fuel for airplanes and for the food for PR and the islands. Iglesia Bautista Cristiana purchases the food, transports it to the airport and takes care of the pilots while they are in Santo Domingo. So far, we have delivered close to 20,000 lbs. of food and water, along with generators and tools. In addition to these supplies, several teams have been flown to Calvary Baptist Tabernacle (Pr. Daniels) and Iglesia Bautista de la Fe in Ponce (Missionary Jeremy Markle).
We praise the Lord for the opportunity to work along the ministry of ORH in assisting these dear brothers in the islands. We are very thankful for the pilots (Mike Coupe, Dave Spangler, Tim Lankford, AJ James) and many others who have invested of their time (days) in assisting us in the Caribbean. It has been a great blessing to see the Church of Christ all over the world working together to show God´s love to those in distress and affliction at this time.”
(continuation of daily report from Pastor Rodriguez)
• 13th Air Mission to PR (PSE): Tim Lankford with provisions for Ponce (Pfaunmiller)
• 14th Air Mission to PR (SIG): Mike Coupe took a work team (4 men from Hato Mayor/ 1 man from Santo Domingo) to help clean up at Calvary (Pr. Daniels)
• 15th Air Mission to PR (PSE): Tim Lankford with provisions to for Ponce (Pfaunmiller)
• 16th Air Mission to PR (PSE): Tim Lankford with provisions (Pfaunmiller)
• 17th Air Mission to Dominica: Mike Coupe and AJ James flew to Dominica with provisions and tools
• 18th Air Mission to Florida: Dave Spangler and Tim Lankford purchase generators and tools for Ponce (Pfaunmiller)
• 19th Air Mission from Florida to PR (PSE/ Ponce): Tim Lankford with generators and tools for Ponce (Pfaunmiller)
• 20th Air Mission from DR to Anguila (AXA): Tim Lankford taking provisions for Pr. Norrel Gumbs in Anguila
• 21st Air Mission from DR to PR (PSE): Mike Coupe taking provisions for Ponce (Pfaunmiller)
• 22nd Air Mission from DR to PR (SIG): Mike Coupe taking provisions for Pr. Orlando Rivera and Pr. Daniels
• 23rd Air Mission from PR to DR (JBQ): Mike Coupe flying back a work team from Calvary (Pr. Daniels) to Santo Domingo”
Sadly, ORH will soon cease efforts flight efforts in these areas. The funds to operate are just about exhausted; but ORH is thankful for all that God has provided through those who know our ministry. As the song says, “Souls for Jesus” is and always shall be our “battle cry” in the relief efforts that you support through ORH. Pray ORH will close well.
If you wish to give by credit or debit card, please go to www.operationrenewedhope.org and choose “Network for Good.” Please designate the gift for your specific purpose using “My preference is” then stipulate your preference.
If you wish to give by check, please send the check to Operation Renewed Hope, P.O. Box 43242, Fayetteville, NC 28309. Please designate the gift for your specific purpose using “My preference is” then stipulate your preference.
Operation Renewed Hope
1017 Sage Green Ct.
Raleigh, NC 27610
(As per counsel, for the benefit of our donor’s tax deductible donations, Operation Renewed Hope has added the following statement. The IRS requires that Operation Renewed Hope retain control over distribution of all donations; therefore, please use the designation description “My preference is” before the designated reason for the donation. Thank you for helping ORH honor you and the IRS.)