Friday, April 3, 2015

Russian Lady Burn Victim Update

Monday, March 30, 2015

Dear Friends,

This is a medical news release which has been provided to us for publication concerning Elena the woman who was burned over 80% of her body.  Missionary Kevin Jones is working with her at this time as part of his good ministry to Siberia.

Dr. Phil Organ, a doctor who recently made contact with ORH, was one of the people who received the plea for guidance published by ORH on Wednesday, March 25, 2014.  He is a wound care doctor, and has contacted sources which can help Elena, if she can be helped.

Below is an approved update by Dr. Organ and the company that has the ability to help.  Please read this and pray for God’s will to be done.

”News Release:

Thirty-six year old KEP was admitted to a Siberia, Russia, Resuscitation Department on July 7, 2-14 with burns covering 80% of her body.   Currently, her burn wounds have healed leaving 20% still open.  They are infected and not responding well to antibiotics.  Her condition is grave and stable. 

Operation Renewed Hope has reached out for help.  Dr. Philip Organ, a former program and medical director of a local wound center in Naples, Florida has suggested several strategies.  He is on the advisory board of a company currently investigating a novel therapy intended for use in infected skin and soft tissue wounds and burns that is seeking regulatory approval in the US and Europe.  He is working with the company’s management to secure compassionate use in Russia.

Organogenesis, a US company that produces a laboratory grown human skin substitute has been asked to support the effort with their skin substitute.  A number of local home care nursing companies are being solicited for dressing supplies.  Dr. Organ hopes to bring these technologies to Siberia in an effort to assist in the care of the patient.  Operation Renewed Hope, a major sponsor of medical missions, is the primary organizational and logistical support organization.”

Our God is so great that He can put these things in motion.  Pray for Elena that her body will continue to respond to the current antibiotic.  Pray that we can get the “novel therapy” to Elena in time.   Pray that the companies who are producing the needed “skin substitute” will be able to help.  Pray for Dr. Organ that he will be able to orchestrate this effort for God’s glory.

I am always amazed as I watch God work through all of his marvelously trained people.  We also want to thank Dr. Elizabeth Drum for her efforts to check on a traveling surgical team.

God bless all who are praying.

Jan Milton
Operation Renewed Hope
1017 Sage Green Ct
Raleigh, NC 27610

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.